We have been sent this information by Councilor Barry Anderson to share with the local community. Here are the events from the latest Holt Park Action Day
- Speed gun deployed to Otley Old Road where 2 tickets were issues for speeding and 1 for a speed awareness course.
- Exhibition van at Asda staffed by officers providing Crime Prevention Advice, goodies and basic devices for sale.
- Health Stand at Ralph Thoresby School.
- Estate walkabout with Alan Mann.
- Tenancy visits with WNWH and Sanctuary.
- Property marking at Asda and Ralph Thoresby, approx 50 items marked up.
- 3 Licensed premises visited in the evening.
- Civillian warrants 6 visits, 1 arrest and over £2k recovered in fines.
- EVA ‘s carried out by PCSO’s prior to the event and details passed to Chris Tollick.
- Force Explorers delivered over 400 packs to local residents on the Holtdale estate.
On the 22nd of March 2012 West North West Homes Leeds in conjunction with the West Yorkshire Police Force and the Environmental Action Team conducted an Action Day to promote the newly implemented Local Lettings Policy
On the day we helped the police deliver the Local Lettings Policy letter and conducted a number of home visits to help educate tenants.
14 Home visits were conducted where a number of repair issues and welfare issues were uncovered.
5 target visits were conducted with a PCSO to a number of addresses of concern. During these visits a motorcycle suspected of causing a nuisance on the estate was uncovered. During a follow up visit it was confirmed that the bike has now been removed from the estate.
7 Skips were placed in the Garage Areas throughout the estate and a letter drop was conducted advertising there presence. Subsequently the skips were a great success. A team of 5 caretakers was allocated to patrolling the skips to ensure that they did not overflow. The following day the caretakers returned to clear up all rubbish that was left behind.
During the day residents unanimously reported that they felt the new Local Lettings Policy was a good idea and would make a real difference to the estate.
Env Action Team
12 jobs visited on estate and progessed
Planned to attend but were called out on the day
Leeds ASB Team
Unable to attend due to staff shortages
Please click one of the sharing buttons below and help keep others informed of these updates